Kindergarten Connection

Your child's week with Mrs. DeLapa

                         Announcements

It has been great getting to know routines and procedures better each day in our room and school. The children are fast learners and are doing well. What a great group I have!!


We have been to each special and are comfortable with the process and teachers. Brown is blessed with wonderful teachers who love their specialty and pass that love on to the students.


Please make sure to look in your child’s folder every day and remove notes. Important papers and work are sent home often.

Your child should have a leak-proof water bottle each day. Gym/tennis shoes are best every day for safety on our playground,

but must be worn on Friday for PE (Gym) class.

Never hesitate to email me (ldelapa@sjschools.org) with any questions you may have regarding any of our “kindergarten stuff.”

______________________________________________________________


Snack and Leaders


Your child will come home with the Leader bag the night before his/her leader day. There is a notebook inside with directions for sharing both a snack with the class and a Show and Tell item. Please refer to the calendar in the back of your child's take home folder for leader and other important dates.


September 9-Jett

September 10-Ernie

September 11-Greyson

September 12-Isaac*

September 13-Kambrya*

September 16-Hriyansh


We have 24 children in our class.

*denotes birthday


We will snack in the morning each day (our lunch time is 12:25). It is not necessary for you to send a snack with your child, as the leader provides it each day.  Thank you for sending a leak-proof water bottle with your child each day.

______________________________________________________________


Next Week Events


Wednesday, 9/11, is a Late Start. We will begin school exactly 1 hour later than usual at 9:25. The buses will pick up 1 hour later than usual as well. 


I will be assessing each student individually on Friday of this week. I will have a substitute teacher, Mrs. Soyk, so that I can meet with each child one on one. I really enjoy this time and appreciate that this data allows me to better meet the needs of each student.


We will continue to learn “AIR (Accountable Independent Reading as part of our Literacy Rotation structure this cycle. This is similar to Daily 5, the structure we used in the past. I am so proud of how well the children are doing with this so far. They are great, independent workers.


We have been waiting for our student iPads to arrive and they are now here! I will introduce them to the children and hopefully use them to take our NWEA Standarized tests this week. These will be more user friendly for the students than the Chromebooks of the past.


Here is the link to our Guest Reader schedule. Please feel free to add your name to an open date that works for you. We enjoy having loved ones come to read. DeLapa Guest Reader Schedule


Background checks MUST be submitted for any volunteer working throughout our school environment or with our students on field trips.  This includes guest readers, party volunteers, etc. One of these forms was included in your Kindergarten orientation folder. If you need another form, I am happy to send one home with your child too. Just let me know. Please note: it could take up to two weeks to receive clearance.


Please make note of this link for sharing our class photos  Mrs. DeLapa's Class Photos from field trips or class activities/parties. This is a secured spot for families to look at photos of our learning and fun. I appreciate your help with this.  


Thank you for trusting me with your precious children. I certainly am enjoying them 😊.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog