Kindergarten Connection

Your child's week with Mrs. DeLapa


Last Week


I have to tell you how proud I was of our children during our lockdown. They were SO great and took the situation seriously. It was a long time (25 minutes) for us to sit quietly on the floor in our room. We were all very happy when it was over but behaved beautifully and were all brave. 


I loved my time with each of your children on Monday during 1-1 assessments. What a blessing for them to show me all they have learned! I look forward to discussing results with you and your child during conferences. I will schedule them asap. 


I have placed our November calendars in the students' cubbies to go home tomorrow. I typically put them into folders but am not going to be at school to do that this week. Please look them over and slide them into the back pocket of your child's Take Home Folder. 


Now that the weather is more like fall, please be sure your child has adequate outdoor clothing each day. We go outside

3 times a day and we want all the children to be comfortable. Thank you.


Never hesitate to email me (ldelapa@sjschools.org) with any questions you may have regarding any of our “kindergarten stuff.”

______________________________________________________________


Snack and Leaders


Your child will come home with the Leader bag the night before his/her leader day. There is a notebook inside with directions for sharing both a snack with the class and a Show and Tell item. Please refer to the calendar in the back of your child's take home folder for leader and other important dates.

 

October 28-Bayleigh

October 29-Saindhavi

October 30-Emma*

October 31-Vedhanth

November 1-Simran

November 4-Desmond


We have 24 children in our class.

*denotes birthday

Due to an allergy, please refrain from sending snacks that contain any kind of nut. Thank you!

We will snack in the morning each day (our lunch time is 12:25). It is not necessary for you to send a snack with your child, as the leader provides it each day.  Thank you for sending a leak-proof water bottle with your child each day.

______________________________________________________________


Next Week Events


Mrs. Gideon will teach all week this week. We are so blessed to have her calm, kind and experienced way of teaching. She loves this group of our too and they love her. Thank you for understanding while I need to be away during this time.


Wednesday, 10/30, is a Late Start. We will begin school exactly 1 hour later than usual at 9:25. The buses will pick up 1 hour later than usual as well. 


We will have each child show and tell us about his/her timeline this week. I already have some returned. Please prioritize this activity with your child. It is a fun learning experience for them. We all have a past, present and future.


Our next Guest Reader will be Ms. Johnson on Wednesday, 10/30 at 3:20. Please bring 3-4 books of your choice to share with the class. We can't wait!


Thursday afternoon is our Fall Festival. The children may wear costumes to school that day. Please be sure it is easily accessible for using the restroom. Some costumes make that difficult for young ones. Our committee is working hard to make this a fun and memorable experience for our kiddos.


Book Fair Family Night is this Friday!

The Book Fair Kick-Off family night is this upcoming Friday, November 1st, from 4-5:30pm in the media center. We hope to see you there! We will have hot cocoa to sip after you shop, and if you’d like cookies, be sure to stop by the Girl Scout bake sale in the halls! 


Thank you for returning Library books by Tuesday of each week. 


Just a reminder that the students must wear gym shoes each Friday.


Please, please label your child's outdoor clothing, lunch boxes, water bottles, etc.


Upcoming Events


On Tuesday, November 5 we will celebrate our 50th Day of School. I have reached out to our committee for this celebration and look forward to a great time of fun and learning.



We will have 1/2 days on Thursday and Friday, 11/7 and 11/8. Our conferences may need to be a bit later than others this year.

As soon as I am able, I will schedule our times together. I apologize for the uncertainty of timing for this.

                  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog