Kindergarten Connection

Your child's week with Mrs. DeLapa


Last Week


First and foremost, I would like to thank you all for the outpouring of love and understanding I have received during this difficult time. I really can't wait to see your children on Tuesday morning when I return. Being with and teaching them will be my best medicine. 


Mrs. Gideon had a good week with our children last week. I hear that the party was big fun on Thursday and the Glow Day was equally fun.  I have been comforted during this time that she has been teaching and loving our children. She is a special person and we are blessed to have her as a frequent sub at Brown. 


Never hesitate to email me (ldelapa@sjschools.org) with any questions you may have regarding any of our “kindergarten stuff.”

______________________________________________________________


Snack and Leaders


Your child will come home with the Leader bag the night before his/her leader day. There is a notebook inside with directions for sharing both a snack with the class and a Show and Tell item. Please refer to the calendar in the back of your child's take home folder for leader and other important dates.

 

November 4-Desmond

November 5-Evelyn

November 6-Henry

November 7-Aarush

November 8-Beau

November 11-Isaac


We have 24 children in our class.

*denotes birthday

Due to an allergy, please refrain from sending snacks that contain any kind of nut. Thank you!

We will snack in the morning each day (our lunch time is 12:25). It is not necessary for you to send a snack with your child, as the leader provides it each day.  Thank you for sending a leak-proof water bottle with your child each day.

______________________________________________________________


Next Week Events


On Tuesday, November 5 we will celebrate our 50th Day of School. Be sure to go over everything your child brings home that day to reinforce the concept of 50 with your child.


Wednesday, 11/5, is a Late Start. We will begin school exactly 1 hour later than usual at 9:25. The buses will pick up 1 hour later than usual as well. 


We will continue to have each child show and tell us about his/her timeline this week (I'm unsure if that was done at all last week). There is still time to submit them and I am happy to send a second copy if needed.


Our next Guest Reader will be Mr. Brown on Wednesday, 11/6 at 3:20. Please bring 3-4 books of your choice to share with the class. We can't wait!


We will have 1/2 days on Thursday and Friday, 11/7 and 11/8. I will get a conference schedule out early this week. I look forward to meeting with each of you and your child.


The Book Fair will be open all week. I hear that the opening night was a huge success and many have already done their shopping. You are welcome to send $ with your child or go together after school.


Thank you for returning Library books by Tuesday of each week. 


Just a reminder that the students must wear gym shoes each Friday.


Please, please label your child's outdoor clothing, lunch boxes, water bottles, etc.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog